Tuesday, August 18, 2015

My Healing Testimony - Part Two - God Uses What You Already Have!


God will take what you already have, and use it in amazing ways you never dreamed of, if you let Him!


I'm still learning this !!

Back before all this started, I had kinda "dabbled" in crafts. I would make a few things, and sold some of it at local craft shows. It was a fun "sideline".





But when I could no longer work a regular job, because of the mobility and pain issues I had, I determined that I was NOT just going to sit around and collect Social Security checks!! No Way!! Now, there is a legal limit to what you can earn in addition to Social Security, but I determined to do my best to supplement it - within the rules. So God blessed me with my own small, home-based business - "Morning Star Creations"!! My body might not have had much strength back then, but my spirit sure did!! By the Grace of God I did, that is. And I already had tons of craft supplies, so I got busy on that. And what did I make ?? Teddy Bears!! Angels!! - and a variety of other things, such as Christmas ornaments, country wooden plaques, decorative painting on ceramics, etc. I also made T-Shirts and Sweatshirts for adults and kids - and it was - and STILL IS - a lot of FUN!! Yes, I'm still doing it - hence the "Professional Crafter - Morning Star Creations" you see on my profile here. I sold a variety of items on ebay for a long time (including a bunch of the "stuff" in the house!) I also participated in several local craft shows - it wasn't easy handling a cane and cart at the same time to get set up, or "take down" when it was done, but by the Grace of God, I did it. It wasn't a "gold mine", but it did help some financially, plus gave me the mild exercise I needed, and kept my spirits up - so God really used it to bless my life!


Coming tomorrow - Part Three!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...