Monday, August 17, 2015

My Healing Testimony - Part One - "The Rag Doll Story"

This week, I want to share with you each day a portion of my healing testimony! I am literally a "walking miracle". Not because of anything I have done, or because I am special in any way (I certainly am not! I'm as ordinary as they come! :) - but because I serve the Lord, Who is the Greatest Healer of all! In Autumn, 1997, I was diagnosed with Bursitis in my right hip. By the end of 1999 it had progressed to severe osteoarthritis, and eventually spread into BOTH hips!!! Here is what He has done in my life! This was originally written in May, 2010 - and I will be adding more as the story continues to unfold! He is AMAZING!!! And He is no respecter of persons - ALL that He has done for me, He will gladly do for YOU - if you will trust Him, and receive His Son Jesus (in Hebrew "Yeshua") as your Messiah, Lord, and Savior! So let's begin . . . . .

(From May, 2010)

Have you ever felt like this little rag doll - beat up, torn, worn out - with your stuffing all gone? Useless? Tossed aside by God, by life? I have - but not anymore -







I have recently come out of the worst nine years of my life - long story short, during that time I lost my entire immediate family (all passed away), became physically disabled myself,(severe arthritis in both hips) and as a result of that, was plunged into poverty and deep debt. For much of that time period, it seemed as if God was doing nothing to help me - but I learned one very important lesson then. I learned that when God appears to be silent, it is because He is very busy "behind the scenes" arranging other people, spiritual matters, and our circumstances to deliver and bless us in ways that we (with our finite human minds) could never have imagined. In a nutshell, here is how He did this in my life. I learned to get myself into agreement with the Word - in other words to really stand on and believe His Word stronger than I ever had before. His main way of guiding us is through His Word, the Bible, and He directed me to memorize verses such as these -

"Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD. "

"Psa 147:3 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds. "

"1Pe 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. "

"Php 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. "

I heard Him speaking in my spirit through His Word, when I really started applying and believing it. But for the better part of four years, nothing seemed to improve - in fact, the debts were mounting, physically I was hurting more, and adjusting to life without my family was an immense struggle. I had no idea how in the world God would bring me out of this, I just believed that somehow, in His perfect time and His perfect way, He would. (THAT was tough!) But He did come through for me, and in a way I would have never, ever imagined - plus fulfilled one of my life-long dreams in the process!

Here is how He brought me out - over a five year period - He enabled me to sell my house, and move to the place I had dreamed of living in my whole life (which was far more affordable than where I was) surrounded me with a wonderful new church family that took me in like I was family and that helped heal a world of hurt, He is supernaturally healing my body, and provided an inheritance I was not expecting which paid off all my debts! He has also blessed me with a music ministry I would never have had if I had stayed where I was - so you just never know what good surprises He has coming your way - but just stay in His Word and keep believing! He is faithful!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read the rest of your story! :) Thank you for sharing with us. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...