Saturday, August 22, 2015

My Healing Testimony - Part Six - A Dream Come True, In Spite of Pain!

 photo 58100021.jpg
My home in Colorado





Have you ever wished Ty Pennington and his TV crew from ABC's "Extreme Makeover - Home Edition" would show up on your doorstep - and revolutionize your life??

Well - I had a very similar experience !!

God is full of surprises - and our "turn-a-rounds" often come in ways we certainly are NOT expecting - that's what makes serving Him so exciting!!

I had decided that the only way out of my tremendous financial problems was to sell my house - so I had contacted a wonderful Christian realtor, and started the process. I had also made tentative plans to move "back home" to Kansas, USA. It was tough to part with the house I grew up in, the only place where I felt loved, and I really wasn't sure how I could handle moving - but I trusted God, and knew somehow He would again come through for me. And He did -







One snowy, cold winter Saturday evening in November, 2004, I was eating supper and watching TV - when there came a knock at my door. Now, when you live in a large, metropolitan area, where there are gangs and all sorts of crime going on - you do what the police tell you to, and NEVER open your door unless you are expecting someone !!! That was the rule at our house for 40 years there. But something in my spirit said "Go answer the door, it's OK" - and I'm so glad I did - for there was a HUGE surprise waiting for me!! There stood my cousin, Doug, whom I had not seen in 20 years!! He's a lawyer, and had come entirely on his own initiative to help me with the sale of the house - and to move me out to Kansas!! I had not even asked anyone for help - so I KNEW this was from GOD !!! Long story short - over the next 6 weeks - he and his son made several trips (400miles one way!!) out to my place to help with the sale, and to help me sort, throw out, and pack everything. It was a mountainous job!! But finally, on Dec. 10, 2004 - I sold my house to the realtor (he fixes them up, then re-sells them on his own) and paid off nearly all of my $46,000 in debts!!! The very next day, we finished loading the U-Haul my cousin rented - and away I went to a new life in Kansas !!!

Now, here I need to take a little side trip with you - this move "back home" to Kansas was actually a dream come true for me.


Forty years earlier, when I was just 6 years old, my father's job with the Air Force had forced us to move to Denver, Colorado, USA - a move I absolutely DID NOT WANT - because it tore me away from everyone I loved!! That's extremely hard on a child. So, in my heart I had DETERMINED that I was coming back!! Over the next 40 years, I had cried, prayed, and believed God that somehow He would either make my dream come true, or take away this desire from me. Well, I tried several times over the years to move back - especially after I graduated from college, but every time something spoiled it. I had nearly given up. But to my great surprise - this time it was "all systems go" !! God just seemed to throw all the doors open wide for me to return - not to the town in Kansas I had left, but to a new location there. Plus, I would be living near my dear Uncle - so I was back with family!! My family's roots run deep here - as my grandfather had purchased a farm in the area in 1926, which my family still owned, my Mom grew up around there, and we visited my Uncle at the farm every summer when I was growing up - so it is the dearest place in all the world to me! I am constantly amazed at how God took all this sorrow and tragedy in my life and turned it into my "dream come true" !!

Snowy Sunrise - K-Town. photo Snowy Sunrise_zpswyfowzae.jpg
My NEW home(apt)  in Kansas!


And yet . . . . . . . . the story was not quite finished!

Stay tuned, more to come . . . . . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...