Friday, August 21, 2015

My Healing Testimony - Part Five - A Very Special Thanksgiving Day!

 Lg Welcome Back Pie photo WelcomeBackPie 2_zps2ing0dko.jpg



 It was the week before Thanksgiving Day, 2003. The months leading up to this time had been particularly hard, and I had no money left at all. Literally, the only food I had left in the house were 2 cans of vegetables, a box of crackers, some coffee, and two chicken breasts in the refrigerator. There was nothing for a Thanksgiving feast of any kind - that seemed to be out of the realm of possibility. Now, for those of you living outside of the United States, Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the third Thursday in November (winter here.) It is celebrated with a huge dinner in every home. We do this to give thanks to the Lord for all His blessings of the previous year, and have done this for over 200 years here. Families come together from miles away, and it is a very joyous time. That is - if you have a family. But for me, with no family, and almost no food - well, it was really testing my faith!! But I was really learning to stand on the Word of God through all of this, so I prayed "Lord, I really need a miracle right now - so I'm trusting You to do another "Loaves & Fishes" miracle for me, and my 2 kitties!! And somehow, I'm even going to believe You for a Thanksgiving Dinner, too - it would really cheer me up! Thank You!" I remember praying that through tears. Now, here is the "miracle" part - God came through in a big way! That little dab of food literally lasted 7 days - I never missed a meal, and each one was filling!! Even greater than that - I ate from one chicken breast that whole week, and my 2 cats (very active, hungry tomcats by then) were kept full on the other chicken breast - I kid you not!! And it gets even better - the day before Thanksgiving I received an unexpected check from a business - which was enough to buy a complete Thanksgiving Dinner with all the trimmings - and a big bag of cat food, too!! (Sorry, I'm crying tears of joy as I remember this!!) My kitties and I all had a glorious Thanksgiving Day dinner - and I will always treasure the memory of God's great goodness to me - and my animals - that week, even though I sure didn't deserve it!!

When I stop crying tears of joy - the story will continue -

so please hang in there with me . . . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...