Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Stitched with Love . . .


I just love vintage stitchery . . .
so warm, cozy, and stitched with love.
I love to imagine the dear, yet unknown lady
who spent so many, many hours carefully
designing and turning out her work
with needle and floss.
I wonder who she was?
Where did she live?
What was her life like?

This piece is very special - to me, anyway.
It hung for over forty years in my
grandparents farmhouse -
and was always a favorite of mine!
I don't know the dear soul who
made it, but I can tell you
(having worked on a large piece this size myself - 16" x 20")
that it probably took her several months
to complete it!
It now hangs in my livingroom -
a sweet reminder of happy days on their farm!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...