Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Pumpa's Painting



In my kitchen hangs a very special painting.
Special to me, anyway.
Others might look at it and think,
"Oh, that's nothing much."
It's painted on cardboard,
not on a fancy canvas.
What makes it so special?
It was painted just for me -
by my grandpa!
We kids called him "Pumpa"
because my oldest cousin could not
for the life of him say "Grandpa"
when he was little - and it stuck!
And we all loved it!

And we loved him!

Years ago, I had this humble cardboard painting
professionally framed.  What??  you may ask?
Isn't that kind of expensive for such humble material?
I wasn't framing the cardboard,
I was protecting a little piece of my heart!

How about you?
Do you have something special you'd like to tell us about?
I'm all ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...