Friday, September 18, 2015

Red Box Recipes - Fry Pan Pizza

Because you friends are so special to me - and so are these recipes -
 I'm starting a new "feature" here called
"Red Box Recipes".
So what are those?
They are a lot of very special old recipes that have been carefully & lovingly stored -
on handwritten recipe cards -
in a slightly battered, somewhat-falling-apart dear old red box -
by my late Mom.
So in a sense - I'm doing this as a tribute to her, too - because she was one fabulous cook!
And my very dearest friend as well as . . .well,  the best Mom a girl ever had!!!!!!
I grew up on these recipes - some of them date back to the 1930's -
nothing like some good old-fashioned deliciousness!! 
So here is the first recipe - Enjoy!



Fry Pan Pizza

2 Tablespoons shortening - to grease a cold skillet.

Ingredients -

1-1/2 Cups Bisquick
3/4 Cup Milk
Mix these together, and spread in the skillet.

Top with -
1/2 pound meat
1 small can of mushroom pieces - cut up
1 can tomato paste
Oregano and Romano Cheese on top

Bake 10 - 15 minutes at 325 degrees in skillet, or 25 - 30 minutes on pizza pan in oven.



We had this many times on Saturdays, as a special treat!
I can still see my Mom putting it all together over her electric skillet - good times!!!
Hope you enjoy it, too!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly question here but do you think modern electric skillets can be put in the oven? My mom and grandma never did but then come to think of it, I don't suppose the things they usually cooked in those skillets needed oven time. I have a teflon coated electric skillet and it has plastic handles. I wonder if I could do this recipe in it? Of course there is always just the stand-by frying pan too but you really got me thinking!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...